Uvijek kada odlučim napisati blog o nekom mjestu počinjem dobivati sve više poruka “hej, možeš li mi reći kako do tamo, što tamo ima”. Doziva li moja energija ta pitanja ili je samo slučajnost, ne znam, ali došlo je vrijeme da vam “izbacim” što vidjeti u Solinu.
Tko još ne zna za Salonu? Antička metropola i glavni grad rimske provincije Dalmacije oduševljava svojom veličinom i ljepotom.
Na samom ulazu stoji predivan i često korišten za ceremonije vjenčanja, Tusculum, dok će te na drugom kraju naći Amfiteatar.
2. Gospin otok Najstarije marijansko svetište u Hrvata nama služi kao idealno mjesto za piknik. Veliki uređeni travnjak, na čijoj smo se nizbrdici i mi kotrljali ko djeca, okružen je rukavcima rijeke Jadro u kojima radosno plivaju patkice.
3. Patkice u Solinu Možete ih zaista naći svugdje, ali najčešće promatralište i hranilište je odmah ispod mosta, uz Gradsku kavanu.
4. Šetnica od Gradske kavane do Gašpine mlinice Odmah iza Gradske kavane kreće ova šetnica, potpuno je uređena i može se proći sa dječijim kolicima. Na šetnici se nalaze klupice (na jednom dijelu), livada za piknik te ribogojilište.
5. Gašpina mlinica Jedna od rijetkih još sačuvanih mlinica na rijeci Jadro, koja je i otvorena za posjetitelje. Kontakt osoba: Tomislav Poljak, 095 9146 188.
6. Šuplja Crkva Crkva je ovo ime dobila već u 17. stoljeću iz doba kad su tu stajali zidovi zapuštene crkve urušena krova. Pretpostavlja se da su prvi temelji napravljeni još u 6. stoljeću, a čak je povezuju s krunidbom bana Zvonimira za hrvatskoga kralja.
7. Izvor rjeke Jadro Popularno izletište, ali i odlična lokacija za fotografiranje. Preko mosta ćete doći do ogromne livade, koja se nedjeljom često pretvori u nogometni teren i mjesto za roštiljanje.
8. Uz Jadro do Vranjica Nažalost, ovdje još nismo bili, a stalno gledam fotke @bezminica na Instagramu i oduševljena sam. Mislim, i inače sam oduševljena svim što ona objavi. ❤
9. Vranjic Nemojte zaobići ovaj dio, poluotok na ušću rijeke Jadro, često nazivan “Mala Venecija“. Idelno je za dječija kolica i laganu šetnju, a za nešto veću djecu imate otvoren mini Akvarij.
10. Aktivni odmor u Solinu U Mravincima možete otići na Paintball. Ja još uvijek nisam uspjela skupiti ekipu za paintball. Tko me vodi sa sobom?
Uz rubove Solina se ljubi Kliško polje. O njemu sam već pisala -> OVDJE. Dvoje pratitelja mi je javilo da nije uspjelo naći lokaciju, izgleda da se negdje na pola puta pokvario Google Maps link. Kada vas karta dovede do skretanja gdje nema skretanja nastavite ravno te idite svojom intuicijom i postojećom cestom prema dole. Na dnu ceste kreće makadam. Nema straha, Kliško polje je tu. Mi ćemo otići ponovo pa vam snimim točan video sa uputama, neće nas Google zezat!
O besplatanim izletima i pikniku u Dalmaciji sam pisala -> OVDJE.
Nadam se da imate barem malo vremena i načina uživati u ovim ljepotama koje nas okružuju. Ako smo vas inspirirali ne zaboravite nas označiti u vašim pričama @dianomaya
When we started blogging life we thought we need to travel outside Croatia all the time, for people to be interested in our stories. Luckily, we realized you don’t need to escape your country or hometown to be interesting, what you need to do is EXPLORE it MORE.
We know it is not easy to travel 365 days in a year, but you can easily walk around your city every single day. When you get enough of your town (if that is even possible when you live in a place like Split, Croatia) you can explore it’s surroundings. That’s exactly what we have been doing recently.
Split city is located in DALMATIA region, so let’s break down some FREE highlights of this area.
Near city of Solin there are remains of ancient Roman town Salona. At it’s entrance you can find beautiful martyrs (Manastirine) and Tusculum, while at the south part there are remaining of the Roman forum. There is small fee only for the Archaeological museum, which we skipped and enjoyed only outdoors. If you have time, it is perfect picnic spot.
Near Solin you can also find remains of the Hollow Church (Šuplja crkva) on the Jadro river bank.
On the mountains above Split you can find small village of Klis. It is mostly known for it’s Klis Fortress, were TV series “Game of Thrones” was recently shoot. The entrance fee is 50 HRK per person. Since this was FEE FREE trip, we didn’t go inside, however we admired the views from it.
Nearby, we also found the most magnificent bridge that gave us serious Harry Potter vibes.
3. NUTJAK FORT
Fort is located near city of Trilj, on Cetina river bank. There aren’t many signs on the road (although it should be, because this place is pretty incredible), so follow the instructions here: MAP. From the main road turn onto dirt road, which leads very close to the fort.
Nutjak fort is also famous for it’s wild life: birds, lizards, but also snakes, so if you have any phobia, skip this one. If you are a nature lover, prepare your photo gear and take your time, they crawl all around.
4. GREEN LAKE
We visited Blue and Redlake near Imotski before (find that story HERE), but this time we decided to visit it’s less known sister Green Lake. This gorgeous “Cinderella” is located near town Ričice and it is man made accumulation lake, not natural one. Still, we found it mesmerizing and totally worth of visit! You can come with your car, over the dirt road, all the way to the middle of the lake. It looks like you are walking on Mars.
Again, near Imotski there is another nature phenomena that is out of this world and it is called Prološko blato (mud). It is a huge wast flooded area with the lake in the middle. You can ride your car around the field, but be careful because water created crests, so you will find many “dead ends”. Also, there is big reason it is called mud field. Water variates during the year, so there are periods when the field is almost entirely flooded and there are dry periods. We were there in semi dry period and walked around. I had marvelous idea to skip over water stream to get to Franciscan monastery, on the other side of the crest. I fell so deep in the mud that I almost lost my shoe in it :). Btw. monastery was not worth it.
Like the name says, this is Ruda river spring. To find it, there are no markings on the road (approximate location – HERE). I’ve put request to Google Maps to update on location, so you can easily found it next time, but in the meantime just ask the locals. It always works :).
When you come to old mill ruins, don’t just stop there, go behind it. Follow concrete path, because it leads you to were spring is hidden. You can walk all the way to the spring too, follow woods path on your left. Just be careful because the water is crazy fast and below the spring is a rocky waterfall.
7. GRAB river SPRING/SOURCE
Grab is the sweetest little village famous for it’s mills and river spring. Everything is very well marked, so you cannot get lost here. Our advice is to park your car right at the city entrance, near the church, and walk from there. Grab charmed us completely. Nature is beautiful and heritage is so valuable. There are couple of mills that are still in function, we stopped by “Čosića mlinica” and “Samardžića mlinica”, where they ground grain to water run. If you want to buy homemade flower, you can do it there.
8. CETINA CANYON BRIDGE
We found this beautiful bridge, in Cetina river canyon, completely by accident. On our way to Imotski, we found marking on the road for “Kreševski most (bridge)”, in Kreševo village, and decided to pursuit it. You can find directions -> HERE. Again, it is not direct link, but there are markings on the road, so you should easily find it, once there.
The bridge connects mountaineer road from Kreševo to Blato na Cetini, so if you are up for a nice walk a long Cetina river, this is the perfect place.
9. CISTA VELIKA WELLS
These ones you cannot miss, they are right on the side of the road! That said, we missed it, hahaha. So keep your eyes open when passing Cista.
Besides wells, the area of the Cista Velika has other historical findings like tombstones and fortresses, so if you have time, stop and explore it more. We only stopped to see wells from Turkish times. They were obviously water source once, but now they are incredible photo shoot location.
10. TRNBUSI and BLATO NA CETINI
Two little villages in Dalmatia hinterland, located on beautiful Cetina river, which have several magical river banks and locally owned picnic spots. I would say it is more summer location, because in summer time you can swim in river and definitely refresh your body and soul in it.
Hope this was helpful! If you end up going to one of this locations, TAG #dianomaya so we can see it!
Should you wish that WE ORGANIZE PHOTO TRIP to these locations, let us know in Instagram DM and we will make it happen!